Adaptive and Complex Informatics Organizations (ACIO) research project was about studying how Finnish information intense organizations operating in open and global market. The motivation of ACIO research is Finnish industries interest in improving strategic competitiveness in business and information systems engineering.
Scope covered information-intense organizations in business environment characterized by:
- Management of complex service systems with many stakeholders
- Fast-changing business conditions; agile adaptation and transformation
- Significant business potential exists with service and operational innovations
- Need for bundled products and services, i.e. customer solutions
- Complex operations and operating environment
The Final Report of ACIO research project: IT Leadership in Transition